Super Easy & Delicious Spicy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Rice or pasta of your choice
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 6 tablespoons (unsalted) butter
- ½ finely diced onion
- 1 cup chopped green and red peppers
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Spices of your choice (oregano/cayenne/paprika/thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix salt, pepper, and olive oil to form a fine mixture.
- Next, add any of the spices of your choice (only a pinch) to this mixture.
- Add shrimp to this mixture and set aside for some time to marinate.
- In a skillet, add cooking oil and sauté garlic in it.
- Cook on low heat until the garlic is soft and slightly amber in color.
- Remove garlic from the oil, and add the marinated shrimp to the oil.
- Cook for 1 minute. Turn over each shrimp in the skillet and cook again for a minute.
- Cover the skillet and let the shrimp cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
- After the prescribed time, take the lid off to check. If the shrimp is pink and juicy, it is perfectly cooked. If you find it tough and not properly cooked, you can add 1 teaspoon of oil, cover the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly, add lemon juice and parsley and serve hot! This shrimp scampi can be used as topping for rice, pasta, as well as pizza.